How can I get the most of Mypaint?
Wrinkling can sometimes occur where the canvas has been packed in a roll. The postman is not always as careful as he should be!
Before you make a start on your new color by number, you should ensure your canvas is wrinkle-free. If you need to remove any wrinkles from your canvas, you have 2 options.
FLAT IRONING (best option)
Your paint by numbers canvas is a high-quality Provigil material. Just like clothing, canvases are made from cotton and linen and they can be ironed. You need to be careful not to set the iron on a high heat though – keep it on a mid-range heat setting. You should lay your personalized paint by number face down onto a thick towel and mist the back of the canvas lightly with water from a fine spray bottle. You just need to dampen the fabric rather than soak it. Gently iron over the surface, keeping the iron moving, and your canvas will be wrinkle-free within seconds.
STRETCH AND ROLL
If you are a bit nervous about ironing your easy canvas paintings, then you can try stretching and rolling the wrinkles out. You can do this by placing your canvas face down onto a clean flat surface and mist the back of the canvas lightly with water. Gently start to stretch the canvas out to remove the wrinkles by hand, or roll them out by using a clean rolling pin to roll the canvas flat, applying a gentle pressure as you go. As the canvas dries out, the wrinkles should disappear.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR KIT
You will have everything you need within your kit to produce a wonderful number drawing. Here are some handy tips about caring for your brushes and getting the best out of your kit.
- The acrylic paints used will dry quickly if left open for too long. Remember to close the paint pot lids after use to prevent the paint from drying out.
- Made a mistake? If you use the wrong color, let it dry completely. You can then paint over the area with the right color paint.
- Clean your paint brushes thoroughly before using a different color. Wash your brushes at the end of the day with clean water so you can carry on using them the next day.
Some handy tips before you begin convert photo to paint by number pattern:
- Find a nicely lit area to start painting so you can see your work clearly.
- Make sure your surface is protected – a plastic table cloth or some newspaper will work well.
- Have a container of water close by to clean your brushes in between colors.
- Start with easy pictures to paint.
- Also, be sure to have a cloth or some paper towel to dry your brushes in between washes.
Next we can start the painting process…
CORRESPOND THE NUMBER WITH THE CORRECT COLOR
How to make paint by numbers look better ?
This seems like an obvious step, but when you’re painting numbers that are matching to the correct colors, try to choose easy paintings to paint areas with that color before moving on to the next part of the painting.
Let those areas dry before moving on to another color. Clean your brushes with the water in between, enough that no color runs onto a cloth or paper towel once washed. This will prevent any colors from mixing or bleeding into each other.
COVERING THE NUMBERS
It may take an extra layer of paint to cover the numbers completely but just be careful and take your time so you don’t end up using too much paint. Use the paper reference sheet to double check numbers that have been painted over already.
Another painting tip for your NumeralPaint Kit, is to start with easy art 123 (This means to start with easy art areas to difficult areas) at the top and work your way down if you can, working on the smallest areas first, as this will help prevent smudging the paint with your hand.
SOME MORE PAINTING BY NUMBERS TIPS
- If you need to, use a magnifying glass to paint the smaller, trickier areas.
- If you’re a complete painting beginner, practice some brush strokes on a piece of paper to get used to how much or how little paint you will need on your brush. This will save you from going over any borders or putting on too much paint on your actual canvas.
- Don’t rush your painting, give plenty of drying time between colors and paint carefully to avoid mistakes. It will be worth it in the end!
NOW YOU’RE READY TO TURN YOUR PHOTO INTO PAINT BY NUMBER!
Custom Paint by Numbers